We wished for the sunshine, warm weather and vacation days all winter long. Now, the summer is almost behind us already and many have not yet ventured out with their families for a summer vacation.
If you have a few vacation days left over, but want to stay within driving distance, take a peek through some of our favorite travel destinations, all within driving distance from your home.
- Ocean City, Maryland – Over 10 miles of sand, waves and salt, this destination is sure to please everyone in your family. With activities like golf, shopping, fine dining, and one of the nation’s best boardwalks, you will have the time of your life. Just a few short hours from Waldorf.
- Rehoboth Beach, Delaware – If you’re looking for more of a low-key weekend, take a trip to Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. You have numerous outlet stores to choose from, along with several fine-dining options, perfect for you and your special someone to escape from everyday life. Just a few short hours from Waldorf.
- Assateague Island, Maryland – If adventure and gorgeous scenery are on your priority list for your next trip, Assateague Island is the perfect getaway. A small island located at the most-southern portion of the Eastern Shore, Assateague Island is just a few short hours from Waldorf, and comes complete with wild ponies running on the beach.
- Deep Creek Lake, Maryland – Known mostly for its wintertime ski resorts, Deep Creek Lake, Maryland has numerous outdoor activities to choose from including water skiing, tubing, kayaking, and jet skiing. This is the perfect destination for your family, and only a few short hours from Waldorf.
- Williamsburg, Virginia – Whether you’re in it for the thrill rides or water rides at two of the best amusement parks around, or you’re looking to learn about the historic side of Williamsburg, Virginia, this destination is sure to top your list. Located just a couple of hours from Waldorf, Williamsburg, VA is a great destination for family-fun.
So what are you waiting for? Pack up your new #Dodge and start making memories with the family—after all, summer is almost over, but vacation doesn’t have to be.