Car shopping can be a stressful time for anyone. Not knowing what money you’ll get for your current trade-in, not knowing what your payments will look like, getting used to driving your new car and rid of the new-car jitters, and even just transferring your tags can make even the most stress-free person feel overwhelmed.
Here at Waldorf Dodge, the experience of our customers when they come in to make the second largest purchase decision of their lives is the most important. We want you to enjoy your experience, and leave the worrying to us.
Here are a few great tips on the car-buying process to keep in mind when you’re ready to buy:
- Calculate the payment that you can afford. Knowing exactly what your monthly budget is before diving into the process will help to make your purchase stress-free. Knowing exactly how much of a monthly payment you can afford will keep your mind at-ease.
- Determine whether leasing or buying is the best option for you. Visit us online and check out the differences between purchasing and leasing, and the pros and cons of each scenario.
- Find out the trade-in value of your current vehicle. If you know approximately what your current vehicle is worth, you’ll have a better idea of what your down-payment will be, which will help determine your monthly payments. Visit us online to value your trade-in value.
- Contact your insurance carrier. Ask for a quote on the vehicle that you’re considering purchasing before you do-so, so that you know what your monthly insurance premium will be, before you make any final decisions.
- Research models before you visit the store. Visit our website to research the vehicle of your choice before you buy, and determine what features are the most important to you, before you begin the buying process.
When it’s time to come in for a test-drive, be sure to have the following items with you:
- Driver’s License
- Auto Insurance Policy Information
- Registration for your current vehicle (if applicable)
- Comfortable (and easy to drive in) Shoes
- Glasses, contacts, or sunglasses (if needed)
When you’re ready to buy, contact us online to set up a test-drive. Your new car is calling your name!