It’s December, and cold weather has arrived here in Southern Maryland. Make sure your vehicle is ready to face the challenges that cold weather will throw at it, with these helpful tips.
- Change Windshield Wiper Blades & Refill Wiper Fluid – Snow, salt, and sludge on the roadways can be problematic, especially if your windshield wiper blades are old or you’re lacking wiper fluid. Be sure both are ready to go this year.
- Check Tire Pressure – Make sure all of your tires are inflated to the proper weight. Cooler temperatures often leave your tires slightly on the low side. Check your tires often to ensure they’re inflated properly all winter long.
- Change Your Oil – With the hussle and bussle of the busy holiday season, often times, preventative maintenance may fall by the wayside. Change your oil ahead of time, to ensure you don’t neglect your vehicle’s health.
- Replace Your Battery – Your battery might seem fine now, but, when was the last time it was replaced? Batteries should be replaced every couple of years. Make sure a cold winter morning doesn’t leave you stranded this year.
- Check Your Antifreeze Mixture – Make sure your antifreeze mixture is up to par for the winter months to ensure your engine is operating at the correct temperature.