We are constantly hearing about all the things we should do to our cars to keep them running well and to help them last longer. The folks over at carMD.com have compiled a list of the 10 things that you should NOT do. They did it with some help from the ASE Master Tech committee.
So, without further ado, here are the top 10 maintenance mistakes made by car owners…
1. Putting off recommended / scheduled maintenance
2. Ignoring the “check engine” light
3. Not changing the oil, or not having it changed on time
4. Not checking tire pressure
5. Neglecting coolant, brake, transmission and other fluid services
6. Continuing to drive when the vehicle is overheating
7. Not changing fuel and air filters
8. Having unqualified shops service your vehicle
9. Using generic aftermarket parts instead of original equipment manufacturer (OEM)-quality parts
10. Trying to service your own high-tech vehicle
The general consensus is to follow the factory maintenance schedule for your vehicle and don’t just ignore those lights on your dashboard. Have them checked out by a trained professional. Contact your Southern Maryland Dodge repair shop to make an appointment. Waldorf Dodge is located on Route 301 North in Waldorf, just 15 minutes south of Washington DC.