Ram Trucks continue to break the rules with big-rig styling, improved quality, durability and capability,” said Fred Diaz, President and Chief Executive Officer—Ram Truck Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. “Starting with the most award-winning light-duty pickup – our Ram 1500, our all-new ultimate towing machine and Motor Trend’s Truck of the Year, the
2010 Ram 2500/3500 Heavy Duty, our best-in-class towing Dakota and the all-new 2011 Ram 3500, 4500 and 5500 Chassis Cabs, our trucks are the best on the planet.”
Introduced in 2008, the Ram 1500 is a game changer in terms of its ability to “outsmart” and “out-tough” the competition with its bold exterior design, crafted and refined interior, engineering excellence, superb innovation and best-in-class features, amenities and ride quality.
The Ram 1500 also ranks at the top of Strategic Vision 2009 Total Quality Index™ (TQI) in the full-size truck segment. According to the survey, the Ram 1500 leads the way with the highest Total Quality score of any truck in the 15-year history of the study.
Customers specifically noted that the Ram 1500 has the best added storage capability along with the best truck interior ever rated by customers.
The Ram Truck brand adds to its award-winning lineup with the recent introduction of its all-new 2010 Ram 2500 and 3500 Heavy Duty trucks. The new heavy-duty trucks provide customers with first-time innovations and features, along with new standards of strength, utility and driveability, building on the Ram’s leadership in the heavy-duty pickup segment.
Ram Truck will further enhance its commercial vehicle presence with the introduction of a “new crew” of commercial-grade work trucks: the all-new 2011 Ram 3500, 4500 and 5500 Chassis Cabs. Led by an all-new crew cab, the new 2011 Ram Chassis Cabs are built on a proven frame and chassis and engineered for maximum uptime, optimum performance and enhanced commercial capability.
Ram 1500 Pickup
In addition to winning Strategic Vision’s TQI, the Ram 1500 has earned 17 key awards since its introduction. Other awards include:
* International Car of the Year (ICOTY) – 2009 International Truck of the Year
* Texas Auto Writer’s Association (TAWA) – 2009 Full-Size Pickup Truck of Texas
* MotorWeek – Best Pickup Truck
* Maxim – Achievement in Party-Enabling Technology (RamBox)
* Edmunds’ Inside Line – A 2009 Editor’s Most Wanted
* Edmunds’ Inside Line – Best Full-size Pickup Truck
* Consumer Guide – Large Pickup – Best Buy for 2009
* Cars.com – Work Truck of the Year
* Truckin’ magazine – Truck of the Year
* Autobytel.com – 2009 MyRide/Autobytel Editors’ Choice Awards – Truck of the Year
* Ward’s AutoWorld – Interior of the Year
* Rocky Mountain Automotive Press Association – Truck of the Year
* New England Motor Press Association (NEMPA) – Best-in-Class Pickup Award
* Ward’s AutoWorld – Ward’s 10 Best Engines of 2009 (2009 Ram 5.7-liter HEMI® engine)
* Automobile Journalists Association of Canada – Best New Pickup
* AutoPacific’s Vehicle Satisfaction Award
* Sobre Ruedas – Sobre Ruedas Best Pickup Truck for ’08
Click here to read the article in its entirety