Labor Day weekend is just around the corner, and several families in the Southern Maryland area will be headed out of town, whether camping, to visit family and friends, or for a last-minute beach vacation.
Here at Waldorf Dodge, we want you and your family to have a seamless trip, from the planning stages, to the travel, to the vacation itself. Here are a few tips from our team here at Waldorf Dodge Ram on how to have a safe and fun vacation, this Labor Day weekend.
- Make a List – Make a list of things to bring with you. Whether you’re camping, at the beach or visiting friends and family, realizing once you arrive at your destination that you forgot something can be frustrating, especially if it is something like medication that you’ve left behind.
- Ensure Your Vehicle is Road-Trip Ready – Be sure that your tires are in good working condition and are properly inflated, all of your fluids are topped off, and that your vehicle is overall ready to hit the road. Contact our Service Department, and let our experts handle your service needs.
- Leave During Off-Peak Times – Most families will be hitting the road on Friday afternoon, en route to their destinations. Instead, begin your journey on Thursday to avoid the Labor Day rush on the road.
- Get Enough Rest – Be sure to get enough sleep before you head out on your road trip. Drowsy driving can be very dangerous.
- Communicate – Communicate with your family and friends on when you’ll be leaving, what route you’ll be taking, and your estimated arrival time. If you haven’t arrived when expected, your family will at least have an idea of where to find you in the event of an accident.
We hope everyone has a safe and relaxing Labor Day Weekend!